Tuesday, April 15, 2008

can't sleep!

Yeah... see?
Now you know I am going crazy... according with my laptop, it's 23:25... but since this is brazilian time and I am not there... sighs... that's what happen when I go to bed before midnight...
... and I just got kicked out of my room for doing too much noise with the keyboard... People are so selfish!!! :-(

... anyway... I can't sleep... tired of turning side to side in my bed... and starting a heavy headache... I've decided to get up and check my jobs!... another sign that I might be going insane... :P and I see it that it is still running!!! :-O and no... I am not happy with it! Whay is it f***cking taking so long to simulate stupid 10 events!!!????
sighs...

.... so, unable to sleep and to work... I've decided to write here...
well... end of last year I've finished reading "Anna Karenina", a very good book, very well written and kept on going... and wanting more... but unfortunately... after I've finished I was devastated! Such a sad ending!!! So I've decided I should get me some easy reading... and fun... so I could cheer up a bit! ;-)
I am reading it together some philosophy books... so... some fun chick lit in between sounds like a good deal... and since I am junkie TV without one... (even though I just got even with my favorite series and am now waiting for them to restart over...)... this sounds like a very good trade for me... ;-)

... anyway... while looking for some nice books to read... I bumped into this "Holly's Inbox" book/site.... and as described before... I ended up reading the site.... loving it... and buying the book.... and after all was finished... I was really waiting for the site to come back on its activity!
What a deception! :-(
The site started again... and I have to confess... I DON'T LIKE IT!!!
I am sorry for the fans of it... but I NEED to work... and me, myself, already have 3 to 4 emails to check it (I can maybe go down to 2 in daily basis... but still 2 inboxs of myself!) so I DON'T need another inbox to be checking on it!
The messages take long to come out... the history evolves so slowly.... it's very frustrating...
So, I had to give it up on the daily basis... it's just not for me!!!
I keep imagining how the people in that community have time to read it in work basis, chat and work at the same time... (and for what I know... they are NOT teenagers with spare time to kill!)

... going on... anyway... the site is still a lot of fun (for me) in a weekly basis... (if a too boring day... in the end of the day... when a group of emails is already piled up!)... and today... or better, yesterday... as all mondays... gray and boring... when I've decided to check on it... they just got a new toy in it! An iphone site!!! Where now you can check sms's too!!!! (I have to admit it... I liked it!!!)
I wonder how it did happen on saturday (or friday night) when it was supposed to have come live... BUT I do have live! And I was living it... still... was a nice surprise for my monday!

*** still not sleep at all ***

Going on... I've read "Innocense" from Katheleen Tessaro... and I loved it!!! The book kept me on going... the story is nice and evolves through the years... in a past to present basis... I really really liked... so I've started reading another book of hers, "The Flirt"... still... very well written... BUT... it looks like written by a guy... didn't like it too much... I am getting boring... she lost a bit in this last one (for my taste)... so I gave it in a break... and started reading another one... indicated by a firend (thanks Miruna!) called "Summer in the City" by Robin Sisman. I've just started... but it is going pretty well...

Another one... that I have by my bed head (together with my Sofie's world... which I really enjoy!!!) is one called "A girl for all Seasons" by Camilla Morton. I got the hard cover edition... and it looks like a "fashion bible". It's like having those glamours, cosmopolitans magazines for the whole year long... (without ads...) and with good cultural tips and hystories...
I really enjoy this one!!! It's good for all times! And plus... it mention so many nice books! and quotes...

*** ai ai ai ***

well... its around 5am now... maybe I should just start up with breakfast (I am so not sleep that I was wondering starting washing the dishes...) or try to sleep for three hours more at least...

hope all are having a good night sleep...
xoxo
a.c.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!
I would love to hear what you think. Lets chat :-)
----
Ola!
Eu adoraria ouvir o que vc achou sobre este post. Vamos conversar :-)

xx,
A.

Related Posts with Thumbnails