Monday, May 03, 2010

curls / cachos

Cloudy days usually made me sad... I like the sun!
The same, in other hand, doesn't apply for rainy days... rainy days don't make me sad, they just made me lazy... :-) those are days made for you to stay at home, sitting in a comfortable chair, covered up with a warm and beautifully colored quilted cover, reading a book and enjoying a cup of hot chocolate! :-) not a day for you to go out to work! :-O

But, if we are talking about hair, I think cloud-rainy days are happy days for curls!
Yeah, you heard me right! Happy days!
----

Dias cinzentos geralmente me deixam triste... eu gosto de sol!
O mesmo, por outro lado, não pode ser dito sobre dias chuvosos... dias chuvosos não me deixam triste, eles só me deixam preguiçosa... :-) esses são dias feitos para vc ficar em casa, confortavelmente, coberta com uma colcha de retalhos quente e colorida, lendo um livro e bebendo um chocolate quente! :-) não é um dia para vc sair de casa e ir trabalhar! :-O

Mas, se o assunto é cabelo, eu acho que dias chuvosos são dias felizes para os cachos!
É, vc me ouviu correto! Dias felizes!

may hair today! / meu cabelo hj

Well, let me explain!
I am not talking how the lovers of straight hair (and no, I am not judging or anything, I also had straight hair for years... so, no judgment at all from my part!) will feel like when the weather gets wet and the frizz is stronger than all your fixes...
I am talking about curtly hair! How the curly hair, like if it had life, is happy! It is so happy that it jumps up! :-D
----

Bom, deixa eu explicar!
Eu não estou falando sobre as adoradoras de cabelos lisos (e não, eu não estou julgando ninguém aqui. Eu mesma tive cabelo liso por anos... então, eu não julgo o gosto de nimguém!) se sentem quando o clima fica úmido e é impossível controlar os frizz...
Eu estou falando do cabelo cacheado! Como o cabelo cacheado, como se tivesse vida, fica feliz! Tão feliz que ele pula de alegria! :-D

a curly arrangement / coque cacheado

Since I've decided not to straight my hair anymore, I passed through lots of stages... (uh, I love it! uh... hate it! argh, how much work) and I still do... and sometimes I surrender to some not forever straightning technic, because in the end, I do wanna my curls back in!

But what I really learned with my curls, is that we shouldn't conform and confine them in tails and nods, trying to hide the curls and fit in a straight hair society (because wild hair comes and go, but those are usually straight wild hairs... and now, now I am judging! you are happy with your straight, some people are happy with their curls!).
I learned to let them free! And when they seem to be jumping up out of their way, I learned that what I should do is to let them down! And have a blast!
----

Desde que eu decidi não alisar mais o meu cabelo, eu passei por várias fases... (uh, tá lindo, eu amo! uh... que ódio! argh, quanto trabalho) e eu ainda passo por elas... e de vez em quando eu me rendo a técnicas de alisamento temporário, porque no final das contas, eu quero os meus cashos de volta!

Mas o que eu realmente aprendi com os meus cachos, é que nós não devemos confiná-los e nos conformarmos a rabos de cavalo e coques, tentando esconder nossos cachos e nos encaixarmos em uma sociedade de cabelo liso (porque cabelos bagunçados entram e saem de moda, mas eles sempre são cabelos lisos desfiados e bagunçados... e agora sim, agora eu estou julgando! vc gosta do seu liso, tem gente que gosta dele cacheado!).
Eu aprendi a deixá-los livres! E quando eles parecem estar pulando para fora do confinamento, eu aprendi que o melhor é soltá-lo ao vento! E se divertir!

four years ago, in a windy rainy day
quatro anos atrás, num dia chuvoso e de ventania

So today, when the sky was cloudy and the weather rainy and my curls decided to jump up and explode, instead of locking them up and start worrying about all the nods I will have to undo later on, I just let them free and smiled!
They were happy! I was happy!
----

Então é por isso que hj, quando o céu estava cinza e a chuva não parava e meu cabelo resolveu pular para lá e para cá, numa verdeira explosão de cachos, ao invés de prendê-los e me preocupar com os nós que eu vou ter que desfazer mais tarde, eu simplesmente os deixei livres e sorri!
Meus cahos estão feliz! Eu estou feliz!


see you later / até mais

Let your hair down!
xx,
A.


2 comments:

  1. you have amazing hair! i love rainy days & being forced inside.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
I would love to hear what you think. Lets chat :-)
----
Ola!
Eu adoraria ouvir o que vc achou sobre este post. Vamos conversar :-)

xx,
A.

Related Posts with Thumbnails